Thursday, September 08, 2005

What?

Ok...what is this all about?


Governor Rendell Offers Assistance Pennsylvania Style!


Harrisburg - At a press conference today in the captial rotunda, Governor Edward G. Rendell announced Pennsylvania's offer to the states devistated by hurricane Katrina. Flanked by the owners of Reading Anthracite Company and Lehigh Coal & Navigation, Governor Rendell detailed a plan to offer assitance in the clean up of the storm ravaged area.

"As you know, the Schuylkill County area of Pennsylvania is in the process of reclaiming land that was once used for mining. We are offering these coal lands for the disposal of any storm sludge that has to be removed from New Orleans and the surrounding areas. We think it's a real good idea. And we're going to bring it in by boat to the Philadelphia habor. Go Eagles!"

When asked about the potential toxins and contaminates contained in the sludge, Governor Rendell replied, "It's perfectly safe. DEP will say so. Can someone get me a photo-op with Nagin?"





Ok, ok...I made it up. But possible, no?

5 comments:

D.B. Echo said...

Yes, well done indeed. If you are so inclined, perhaps you can visit my site as well. It's called Another Monkey and...oh, wait, you've got a link to me, and I think I see your shadowy hunched figure skulking around on my Sitemeter once in a while!

Blogger has some tools to reduce comment-spam. Go out to the main Blogger.com site and see. Of course, they will not work against determined human comment-spammers or sophisticated robots, so you can still manually delete these comments.

Actually, I thought it was the mayor of Hazleton who was trying to import toxic river dredge stuff from New York to serve as the foundation for a new arena. (So THAT's why Hazleton politicians were so opposed to any county-wide initiative to build an arena in Wilkes-Barre. That, or they just hate Wilkes-Barre.)

anne said...

So, I finally got my first spam. And here it was prefaced with such a nice compliment. The Personable Spammer.

Thanks for the anti-spam tips. I will check it out when I have a few minutes to sit down and concentrate on it.

And if the good leaders of Schuylkill County get wind that Hazleton is trying to pirate our sludge, heads are gonna' roll!

josetteplank.com said...

ROFL!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes. I too enjoy your blog.

My site is about unnatural sewer treatment.

But seriously folks...I figured Louisiana would have a surplus of cheap labor after the flood. Maybe you can get some outta work landscaper from Nawlins to work around the house in exchange for goat milk and cold screamers.

anne said...

Tony-

Good idea about the landscaper. The only problem is, tehn what would I have to feed my hubby?

Nice to hear from you. Hope you're doing well.

Actually, I was thinking I wouldn't be surprised if I heard you went down south to pitch in on the effort.