Thursday, October 11, 2007

Here I Come...Kicking and Screaming...

So, a while back, my sister tagged me for a meme. A while back = September 18.

That's a long time. This post has been on the back burner for so long that the words are stuck to the bottom of the pan and any hint of moisture is long gone.

So, in an effort to drag my butt back to the keyboard, I am going to attempt this meme.

Here are the questions:
Your mission: Give one or more these questions a stab in a post (or series of posts), and then tag three more writers.

1. Go back to first or early post. How would you describe your voice back in those early days? Who were you writing to? What was your sense of audience (if any) back then?

2. Do you remember when you received your first comment? What was it like?

3. Can you point to a stage where you began to feel that your blog might be part of a conversation? Where you might be part of a larger community of interacting writers?

4. Do you think that this sense of audience or community might have affected the way you began to write?

So, without further ado...

Answer #1.
My first post, sadly, seems a whole lot like my more recent posts. I say sadly because I would think that over the course of 2+ years, I would have...progressed?

Ok, I'm kidding. I'm not all that sad about it. What's progress anyway? Pfft. It seemed like - and still does - that my blog posts were/are very much like conversations with myself. I guess that's the nice thing of having the whole world as your audience - it makes it easier to not gear it toward anyone in particular.

Answer #2.
Oddly enough, the first comment I ever received was on a post about whether or not I would know if my blog was being read by anyone. And, the comment was from my dear seestor. I'm not sure how she even found my blog. I can't remember if I told her or if I gave myself away by commenting on her blog. In any event, it seems appropriate seeing as how she was the one who encouraged me to start a blog to begin with.

Aaaaaannnnd I guess things haven't change much there either, have they?

Answer #3.
I would have to say that about 2 months into my blog, I started to see comments from more readers. As a result, I would visit their blogs and comment and sometimes drop by with a pound cake and stuff.

Or...

When I finally learned how to add links to other people's blogs in that side bar thing. Which I really should do more of but I think I forgot how to do it.

Pardon me while I enroll in Remedial Blogger 101.

Answer #4.
I would like to think no. I mean, the whole reason I started this was so I could entertain my desire to ramble in a way that would not get me locked up in a padded room. I suppose sometimes I might tweak things one way or another but, when I read over my posts, they happily read as though I were having a conversation with a friend.

Except for curse words. Because I know my daughter reads this. And she doesn't know that sometimes I say damn and hell.



So, there it is. I am going to do an open tagging on this. If this is something you think would be cool to address, then by all means, do it.

1 comment:

josetteplank.com said...

Hah! I was hoping that meme would work!

Surely you have more stories now that you have more goats?