Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Brrr.....

My legs are so cold it seems as though they could shatter. Pieces of leg all over the floor...

The Philadelphia Flower Show is going on this week. I really, really wanted to take a day off and go but, alas, the Gods of Finance said it was not to be. And really, the only reason I wanted to go is because it would be cheaper than therapy. Not that I'm going to go to a therapist instead of the flower show...no money for that either. I just needed a little lift - a little reassurance that the days will, indeed, get longer and the snow will melt. And now, what? It's 20 degrees below zero with a 50mph wind. And that's inside. As if on cue, a plastic lawn chair just blew across my porch exactly when I typed that. Well, go on, lawn chair. You're free. Good luck in the big, cold world. See how far you get.

I've about had it with winter. The seed catalogs are starting to show up in my mailbox, mocking me. Have they no mercy? Don't they understand I'll be lucky to see my Daffodils by July? Damn you, seed catalogs.

No comments: