Thursday, March 17, 2005

Go Granny, Go Granny, Go Granny, Go

So this past weekend, I was travelling along with my husband and mother through the lovely coal lands of PA and we passed a sign for Big Diamond which is a dirt track for auto racing. Shortly after that, we saw a race car parked in front of a garage with a "for sale" sign on it.

Ding!

Here is my great idea. My mom left the workforce when she had her first child (or somewhere there abouts) and remained a homemaker, domestic engineer, offspring progression coordinater, whatever the pc term is, after that. Now that her daughters are grown and raising children of their own, she's got some free time on her hands. I suggested she buy the car and begin her racing career.

Dig it. We came up with a whole list of sponsors - Geritol, Mrs. T's Pierogies, Depends, St. Jerome's Bingo, etc. And when she gets really good, we can go after the big bucks - the AARP and the PA Lottery.

Hey, I know what you're thinking, but my mom's got moxy. I think she'd bust some ass.

No comments: