Wednesday, March 09, 2005

That's what I wa-a-a-a-a-ant, yeah. That's what I want.

Well, I'm almost done with my taxes. By done I mean I've assembled all of my paperwork, receipts, documents, etc. to deliver to my tax person. Then I wait.

I already know it's going to be bad news. No rebate here.

I have a relationship with the IRS simlar to that of the pasty, frail retainer-clad child and the schoolyard bully.
"Give me your lunch money."
"But I already gave it to you and then I had to get other money so I could get lunch today and now if I give you that too OOOF!" A quick blow to the breadbox.
"Thanks kid. See you tomorrow."

And so it goes.

I don't like this estimating quartely taxes nonsense. I can't seem to get it right. It wouldn't be a problem if I would err in the other direction but, no, that is not the case. So all I can do is sit and wait to hear the damages. I suppose I could worry about it too but, this year, I have resolved not to even bother. So I'll owe some taxes. Who cares?

What does worry me is this talk of privatization of social security. Now, don't worry, I'm not going to get all political on you. My concern is what the hell are they thinking putting me in charge of my retirement? Why would they even consider that? I'm the type of person who would think the Garden Weasel looked like a good investment! My social security is as good as gone... I have all of this paperwork to start a retirement plan and the big hold up is that I can't pick where I want my money to go. I have no faith in myself for this kind of stuff. I would feel more comfortable taking it to a back alley somewhere and laying down a bet on a cockfight. At least I think I could pick the better rooster out of two...

Sigh.

No comments: