Sunday, March 27, 2005

Praise the Lord and Bring Out Yer Dead!

Well.

Happy Easter.

So, here it is. Easter again. And what do I even say?

I guess the most Easterly event was going to dinner at my in-law's and seeing my grand-nephew(?) running around in a skeleton mask. I supposed we all celebrate the raising of the dead in our own way.

All in all it was a very nice holiday. Got to see the cuz and wife at their country estate. Had some mimosas, took a little constitutional around the property, visited the mother shrine in the woods - all very nice.

After that it was to the in-law's where crazy antics and mayhem ensued.

It's been way too many glasses of wine for me to really write anything remotely interesting or spelled correctly so I'm just going to paste an Easter poem. Now, for those of you who know my sister, please don't get excited and expect anything...um...well, just don't expect anything. I did not get the writing gene. At any rate, I did a writing exercise on a web site where they give you ceratin words to write a poem with, so...well...without further ado, here it is.

An Easter Poem

It is this time of year
that makes me think of women -
church going women from years past,
standing in the pews
in prim dresses long separated
from the mother bolt of calico,
tissues tucked in sleeve,
firm missile bosoms standing at attention,
mountainous Easter bonnets
raising up in tireless praise
of the Lord.

No one ever guessing
their private thoughts
were really on
the ham in the oven.




Happy Easter to all and I hope the risen Lord finds you and kicks you in the butt.

No comments: